…… Slaps Vice Chairman Gafar Liameed
The Executive Board of Lagos State Football Association this afternoon during a board meeting at its Secretariat in Surulere, Lagos, suspended its Chairman, Hon. Fouad Oki.
During the board meeting of the FA, which was ostensibly to deliberate upon the several acts of misconducts and high handedness against the chairman, it voted 5-4 in favour of suspending the chairman.
Grounds for suspension of Fouad Oki include the underlisted;
1.Not attending the NFF Congress with no excuse and without the knowledge of the LSFA Board.
- Change of the Association Logo without approval of the Board and the Congress.
- Denying the Nigerian Professional League (NPFL) A1 Camera delegates access to test-run the A1 camera prior to the commencement of the league.
- Total disregard to NFF instructions on NPFL rules and regulations regarding branding and streaming of matches by our affiliate (Sporting Lagos FC).
- Release of 2023/2024 NNL SEASON – MATCH DAY LOGISTiCS to NNL Clubs without the knowledge of the board.
- Loggerheads with Lagos State Sports Commission on the use of facilities and spoiling a hitherto amiable relationship.
- Delaying and stopping several youth tournaments, recreational football and threatening teams to move out of Lagos.
- Initiating independence of LSFA outside of the authority of NFF.
It was reported that after the voting for his suspension, the embattled suspended FA boss, physically attacked and slapped his vice-chairman, Hajji Gafar Liameed in the presence of security officers, including the DSS.