.Nigeria’s Emmanuel Gyang and Fadekemi Olude Emerge Champions
Kenya athlete Biwott Alan Kemboi emerged champions of maiden edition of JAC 10km road race held at ancient city of Abeokuta, Ogun State.
The 21-year-old Kemboi won the road race with best timing of the race with 28:76 seconds, follow by East African athlete from Ethiopia Rotich John who ran a time of 29:04 seconds, Rotich compatriot Alemneh Tegene came third in the race with 30:16seconds.
Ethiopia female athlete Tadu Teshome Nare was the first woman to finish the road race, she ran a time of 33:43seconds, Kenyan Cheptoeck Careen and Nancy Jesang finish second and third respectively with time of 34:28seconds and 35:19seconds.
Emmanuel Gyang and home born Fadekemi Olude were on the podium as the first Nigerian man and woman to get to finish point.
Emmanuel finish with Nigeria best time as he ran 31:03 seconds, fourth overall while Fadekemi ran 37:29 seconds and fifth in women’s category.
- 1st Biwott Kemboi (Kenya) 28:76 sec
- 2nd Rotich John (Ethiopia) 29:04 sec
- 3rd Alemneh Tegene (Ethiopia) 30:16sec
- 4th Emmanuel Gyang (Nigeria) 31:03sec
- 5th Gideon Goyet (Nigeria) 31:41sec
- 6th Adamu Mu’azu (Nigeria) 32:06seconds
- 7th Ismail Sadjo (Nigeria) 32:41secs
- 8th Emmanuel Michael (Nigeria) 32:59sec
- 9th Odelana James (Nigeria) 33:03sec
- 10th Dare Eniola (Nigeria) 33:15seconds
- 1st Tadu Redbone Nare (Ethiopia) 33:43sec
- 2nd Cheptoeck Careen (Kenya) 34:28sec
- 3rd Nancy Jesang (Kenya) 35:19sec
- 4th Mary Wangui (Kenya) 37:12sec
- 5th Fadekemi Olude(Nigeria) 37:29sec